Thursday, February 3, 2011

From Ms. to Mrs.- Tips On Name Change

Apart from changing your single status to a Mrs. you might also consider taking your spouse's last name! Changing your name is no walk in the park, hence, I thought I would give you a list of some of the places to get you started...

1. Change of Name on Social Security Card.  For this you will require the following items:

a. Your marriage license
b. Completed form SS-5 available at website
c. State ID or some form of identification confirming your current name

2. Drivers License and Insurance information
3. Payroll information, 401K/ IRA/any other investments
4. Bank Accounts [you may be required to go in-person depending upon your bank, and present your Marriage license]
5. Credit Cards
6. Passport
7. Utility and other bills

No comments:

Post a Comment