1. What is the earliest check-in time you can give for our block?
Hotels have check-in times of 3pm or 4pm in some cases.
2. Can you guarantee a late checkout at no additional cost?
3. What will be the cut-off date?
Negotiate this to be no more than 3 weeks prior
4. Do you provide Complimentary Shuttle Service to/from our Venue?
If the answer is NO, then ask them if they would consider teaming up with a local shuttle service and provide you a room rate that includes this service? At this point it is more of a convenience factor than price!
5. Will you provide complimentary rooms if we reserve a block with you
Comp room for groom night before wedding
Comp room for bride night before wedding
Comp room for Bride’s Parents night of wedding
Comp room for Groom’s Parents night of wedding
Honeymoon Suite with early check-in for night of wedding
6. Can hotel include comp breakfast for the Parents’ and B/G for entire stay?
Some hotels charge for breakfast, hence it is always good to negotiate this in before hand
7. Is parking complimentary?
If the parking is NOT comp, ask them to COMP it for Parents + Yourselves and try to negotiate better rate for your guests’ over-night parking. Sometimes the parking is outsourced to another company, so before you sign the room block, find out if they can give you a break in the price!
8. If the hotel has paid breakfast service, ask them if they can offer a better rate for the group block
9. Is there an attrition rate? Call us today to learn more about this
10. Is there a charge for welcome bags?
Sometimes hotel will charge you for welcome bags, because they will place them in guest rooms, instead ask the hotel to hand them out at check-in! This SAVES you money because the fees can be anywhere from $1.00 to $5.00 per room
There are so many variables you should keep in mind before you SIGN the Wedding Room Block! Allow Wedding Planners at Bells N Rings Events to help you navigate through all the complexities of finding the right hotel for your guests! Call us today.