Meghna and her team are absolutely amazing! Neal and I have nothing but positive things to say. We are so grateful for all their efforts! Our wedding events – beginning to end – flowed so well, Thanks to them. We feel so lucky to have worked with you all and wish you the best of luck and success in the future events you plan!
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Bringing family and friends together to celebrate your wedding day is more than planning a night-out with your girlfriends. Once all the guests have, enjoyed the Groom’s procession on an elephant, or were enchanted by the bride’s entrance, or witnessed the most breath-taking vows, how can you keep the party going? Well the answer may be simple, you can always hire outside entertainment! (Entertain Your Guests Blog) But what can you do to make your event unique and offer guests more interactive ways to enjoy the evening? The answer is simple; Use any of the four interactive entertainment ideas below that will have your guests asking for more!
Remember to be adventurous and practical while selecting your wine list for your guests to try. Personalize this tasting by choosing wines from the different countries you have toured together or simply arrange them by flavors from sweet to dry with white wines and progressing to a light to full bodied red wines. Atmosphere is the key for this station, make a lounge setting or work with your designers to create a romantic, smooth, setting with candles, rose petals. Seal the tasting by giving your guests delicate organza or silk wine bottle bags with your monograms!
There is nothing better than laughter to add that special touch that your event needs. A comedian can leave your guests roaring in laughter and thus keeping them involved and feel part of the whole event. This is also a great entertainment while your guests are enjoying a formal reception or a family style meal. Seal the performance by giving your guests a DVD of your favorite hilarious movie scenes or a performance by your favorite comedian! And personalize the DVD cover with your monograms! My favorite is Russell Peters, who is yours?
Hire a Caricaturist
We have all heard about having a live artist at a wedding, but this process is not only long, but is not as interactive for your guests. So why not consider hiring caricaturist instead? A talented caricaturist will fit right into your event, whether it is a formal affair or an intimate setting. The caricaturist typically can sketch one person within 5 minutes, allowing other guests to enjoy the art! And if they opt for a cartoon caricature, well everyone including the guest will get a good laughter!
Contemporary Photo Booth
Say goodbye to small dark booths that are claustrophobic and say hello to the new contemporary walk-up photo booths. These are the modern day photo booths not only come with extensive selections of backdrops and props to suit your event, but can also accommodate up to 20+ people at the same time! So why wait! Let your friends and families enjoy the most by allowing them create one-of-a-kind memorabilia from your event! And the best part is, at the end of your event, you will receive an online catalogue of all the pictures taken during your event for your scrapbook down the road.
In the end, whichever option you choose, you will leave your guests asking for more! Call us today and let us help you make your event a talk-of-town spectacular!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
In addition to having clean rooms and safe neighborhood there should be other priorities to keep in mind while seeking accommodations for your wedding guests. There are numerous points/ fine prints/ fees that you should ascertain while interviewing potential hotels. To help you make the right decision, here are some key pointers to keep in mind and questions you can ask during your interviews:
1. How far is the hotel from the venue? Do not book a hotel outside of 15 miles of the venue.
2. Is there a complimentary shuttle service available with the room block
3. Is there complimentary parking / valet parking / garage parking? And is there a discount available for your guests
4. Complimentary breakfast available with room block or is there a cost?
5. Complimentary internet service available or is there a cost
6. How many complimentary rooms are included with a block? Traditionally, one complimentary room is available per 15 booked rooms
7. Is there a complimentary turn-down service available for your VIP rooms
8. Is there a “minimum booked room’s requirement” to guarantee a block? Even though you have a room block, some hotels require that you must pick-up X amount of rooms under that block for the “group rate” to apply. This is usually listed in the fine print, so please read the contract carefully
9. Is your credit card required to hold the room block? They should not charge you for any rooms that have not been reserved from the block
10. Once all your questions are addressed, inform the hotel sales person that you are shopping around and will choose the right hotel for their guests. This alerts the hotel to keep their pricing at the market price and may be offer amenities that other competitors may not include in the package!
Above are few FAQ that our couples have. But there is lot more to “room blocks” than a clean room, so call us today and allow us to handle your hotel room blocks so that your guests are well taken care of.
A wedding is not only a marriage between a couple, but a union of two cultures, sometimes two religions and definitely two families. And this union starts with the ceremony. It is safe to say that couples typically spend more time focusing on the “dos & don’ts” for their reception, but what is a reception without an exquisite ceremony? And what is a ceremony without a knowledgeable Priest / Pundit / Officiant? Believe it or not, your Pundit is in-control of your ceremony and therefore it is important to ask the “Right” questions before hiring your Pundit
- What are the religious or cultural aspects we must cover during the ceremony
- What are your thoughts on incorporating two different cultural beliefs into one coherent ceremony
- If your family believes in “Muhurat” then ask the pundit whether he can provide those timings
- What will be the duration of the ceremony and can it alter based on your timeline
- Do you speak English / Sanskrit fluently – most Hindu ceremonies are conducted in Sanskrit and it is important to have a priest who is well versed in both languages so that he/she can translate and educate the marrying couple throughout the ceremony
- Do you have your own reliable transportation and do you charge transportation fee
- Do you provide a “puja items list” in advance or do you bring all the puja items required during the ceremony with you?
Now that you have your answers, remember to have the priest sign your Marriage License.